Saturday, October 9, 2010

Good morning, Mommy

This morning I woke up at 7a and heard Nikko talking to himself. I got up immediately and went to his room before he started to strip down to his diaper. When I opened the door he scrambled (clothed, thank goodness!) up over the side of his bed and came to me. He said, "Good morning, Mommy." It was in his usual manner which comes out sounding like "Gooool mornig, Boppy," but the point is that for the first time ever HE initiated the greeting to me. I was thrilled! Unless he is requesting food or an object, or unless we prompt him first, Nikko has never greeted me before, so that was just an awesome thing to happen. Then I took him to the bathroom and he sat and peed in the toilet. Another good thing! Later in the morning I put the Desitin ointment (40%) on him and continued it for the rest of the day. I think it is helping, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment