Saturday, May 22, 2010

Whiny therapy

Speech report: So much talking! Louder & not so sing-song! Great with colors & pointing! Now when I ask "What do you want?" he will say "Want _____."

Awesome!
Nikko didn't have the easiest time during therapy today. We all went downstairs, Nikko was in a good mood jumping around, and while Melisa was getting the paperwork ready, I announced that it was time for Nikko to work and he ran upstairs. I had to carry him downstairs because he wanted to run away. It's the first time in a long time, really, so I don't know why he doesn't want to comply. Perhaps he simply didn't want to work. No dice, however. He was extremely whiny for the first half hour to 45 minutes, and I heard him do a big cry/scream at one point. But then he calmed down and it remained quiet. Melisa told me later that he was really protesting, even swatting the papers on the ground so she told him he had to pick them up and he was angrier. At one point he was going really badly so she gave him a firm hug that perhaps caught him by surprise, but he calmed to her deep pressure hug (yea! that's what I would have done!) and then he was able to continue to work from there. I really wish he didn't lose it today. On the plus side, there were no instances of shorts removal. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment