Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Pop-CORN

2:52p Nikko signed Popcorn around 2:45p. I didn't really want to give it to him because lunch finished around 12:45 and I was about to totally resist when I figured I could try to get him to work for it. I said POP-corn many times and I thought he said POP in the beginning. I wasn't sure, so I tried to get him to say it again. He didn't want to, but I was pleasantly persistent today. I pointed my fingers up like popping corn, saying Pop, Pop, Pop-corn! I got down on my knees to his eye level, I held his mouth in an O, I put his fingers on my mouth, on his mouth, and was working with Pop Pop to get him to at least make that sound again. He was getting frustrated, and then he made a rough "kuh" sound. I took it to mean Corn, and said, "Pop - CORN? Corn?" I rewarded him for the effort. That's what my book said to do. Man, I feel like a speech therapist right now, but isn't getting paid for being one. Right now Nikko is eating his Corn Puffs, but my Williams Sonoma catalog is sitting right beside him on the picture of a huge sandwich cookie cake. If it were life-sized, it would give me a tummy ache!

No comments:

Post a Comment