Monday, November 23, 2009

@Yummy Gourmet

Not a whole lot to report regarding behavior. Today was my nephew Max's baptism and when we got to the church I had already decided that we would hang around the back of the pews. There were 5 other kids getting baptized and there were a lot of people around. Nikko did rather well, only had a few vocal outbursts but nothing terrible. He followed me like a duckling. Ronin, on the other hand, tends to be more challenging in public when it requires being quiet. He can't help but vocalize what he sees. We had lunch at Yummy Gourmet in Arlington Heights and were lucky to have a seated area that was somewhat separated from the public. We chose to sit at a table separate from the main u-shaped table because we would be busy paying attention to getting our kids fed and entertained, rather than socialize. That's really the stage we're at right now, but hopefully next year we'll be able to sit and have more conversations with people around us. The boys were in front of the DVD player but it ran out of juice because I forgot to recharge it completely. FIGURES. Maybe the screen-saving lighting wasn't on, I'm not sure. But the kids survived without it, and toward the end of lunch all three of my kids were running around the open u of the table arrangement along with Jovy and the Penepacker girls. It was a nice time overall.

Nikko doesn't have school all this week because it's Thanksgiving week. I will have to find ways to fill up our time, and will probably laminate some cards for games that I got from that activity night at school. I also have to meet up with Daria either tomorrow or Wednesday to get her some baby clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment