Monday, March 30, 2009

Backyard thoughts

I was actually away from the boys for a big chunk of the day because I took Audrey to Daisy Orquiola's baby shower in Elgin. As I was getting ready to leave, Nikko could see that I had changed my clothes and was preparing my things, so he started to get whiny and tried to hang onto me. This time he wasn't going with me. So when I left, there were big time cries from both boys. I still walked out the door. I was gone for about 4 hours and when I returned, I saw Denis shoveling snow while Nikko and Ronin ran back and forth along the driveway. They were both happy to see me, and Ronin was doubly excited to be outside. I don't think he's ever actually run in the snow; not only did he run in it but he fell several times. I wonder how he felt when his hands were submerged in the snow! It didn't seem to deter his energy, however. Ronin protested loudly when it was time to go inside, but Nikko didn't struggle. The rest of the evening was pretty calm until bath time. I won an Ebay auction for a Little Tikes Cube Climber, just like the one they have in Nikko's playgroup. I'm still debating whether to keep it outside or use it in the basement. I want the boys to have some outdoor equipment in the backyard so they will have the desire to stay there and play, but currently the swingsets/slides are so expensive. I'm still trolling around for used ones, but I really think we will need "things" in the backyard now. We've got the turtle wading pool that needs a cleaning. The sandbox needs new sand in it. That's it. A swingset or slide combo would be great. I'll just have to keep looking. Tomorrow Nikko is having another hearing test at Lutheran Hospital. Denis is going to stay with Ronin and Audrey while I take Nikko. I really hope this time there are two people present and that he passes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment