Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Better PECs communication

Low-key day today again. There was a point where I was cleaning up the plastic food in front of the play kitchen and all the kids sat around me with plastic knives trying to cut up the velcro veggies and fruits as fast as I was putting them together. Needless to say, I gave up. Throughout the day Nikko would bring me a DVD case of a particular movie he wanted to watch. I didn't want to watch the "other" Cars DVD again, so I forced him to watch Nemo. He brought me The Wiggles Yummy Yummy a few times, too. During mealtimes he's getting better at bringing me a PECs picture of the food he wants to eat, but along the way he's dropped signing More for when he wants more of a food. After a slice of pizza I'll ask him, "What does Nikko want?" and he'll either sign the food and/or attempt to say the food. But More, which used to preclude the communication, is no longer there. I can't get him to say More, either. He just jumps right to the food name. Tomorrow is New Year's Eve and I wonder if we can take the kids out and about for one last run around the neighborhood. We won't be doing anything extraordinary for New Year's. Hopefully we'll get to watch a movie on TV and eat Tortorice's if it's not closed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment