Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Snow again, and lights battle

Feeling better than yesterday, but still sluggish. I had a dental appointment set for 4pm, but wanted to try to get a nap before leaving. Ronin went down around 2:30, and Denis was kind enough to take Nikko outside to play as well. Nikko was eager to suit up in full snow pant regalia with absolutely no complaining. They went outside while I tried to lay down on the floor with Audrey orbiting around me. She kept taking on and off a pair of rubber-soled shoes. She couldn't put them back on without my help, so with 40 minutes left before I had to leave, she kept bonking me in the head with a shoe until I sat up to help her. I think I got 10 minutes out of the 40 before my alarm rang and I had to get dressed. I love going to this dentist, however. They are both so nice and non-judgemental. I also got a name for a pediatric dentist that I'm thinking about using for Nikko since I think all his teeth are in. The Creens also referred one, but I think I'll investigate both before committing. Even Atz is planning on sending me a referral to a DDS who does NOT use sedation on their kid patients. How in the heck can she get them to lay still, if no drugs are used? Gotta wonder...

Nikko has been battling with me about the kitchen light. He'll come in, sneak into his chair and turn off the light, turning to look at me to see if I noticed. I'll say, "Lights ON, Nikko" and he will flick the switch ON while protesting. I'll praise him, then he'll quickly flick it OFF. This process will repeat two or three times before I become irritated and haul him off the chair, tickling all the way, so he'll go focus on something else. I'm not having much success with the living room lights situation either. The Christmas lights along the ceiling help illuminate the room when Nikko turns out the lights, but they won't be there forever. Hmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment