Saturday, December 19, 2009

Xmas break starts

Not an exciting day today, but that's ok. When I put Nikko on the bus I gave Mrs. Beyer a little present of candle votives. In Nikko's backpack I had 7 Amazon.com gift cards for the teachers. Nikko was fine when we got home, but I had begun preheating the oven before I picked him up. The buzzer went off within five minutes of Nikko in the kitchen and he took off for the couch with his ears covered and his wails starting. I don't know WHY that happens. I coaxed him back into the kitchen with some popcorn. After lunch Ronin was destined to take a nap, which he has been resisting for a few days, and when I closed his door I tried to get Nikko down as well. He did fall asleep around 2:45p, so that was a little success. I made some spaghetti for dinner, which Nikko didn't eat. He ate 3 slices of pizza instead, but Ronin and Audrey ate the pizza so it wasn't totally a lost cause.

I've been rereading some past emails and am considering doing some research into getting Nikko some vitamins from kirkmanlabs.com, and/or looking into probiotics (per the advice of a really helpful lady on one of the autism forums). I also have two autism-related books on my amazon.com wish list that I hope to get after Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great book to have on hand and read. I always refer to it. We are doing GFCF for our son and we also do the supplements etc...
    I'm sure you've already heard of this book, but here it is again just in case:

    http://www.rhinebeckhealth.com/store/healing-the-new-childhood-epidemics-hardcover-edition-pr-417.html?xid=11e12f41d8a9a982f192e0b54511732f

    I've posted about it on my blog too along with information on what we did for our son as far as testing, etc...
    Here's the link:
    http://bigbullandlittleram.blogspot.com/2009/03/treatments.html

    ReplyDelete