Friday, December 11, 2009

Eat / H1N1 shot

12:10p - I asked Nikko what he wanted to eat, while signing Eat, and he said, "Eat...Crack...Grrrr. " AWESOME! He actually said Eat, while he was signing Eat. He sat and smiled at me when I returned to my seat.

Today Nikko got the H1N1 flu shot at school. The teacher emailed me a note saying he had the nasal mist. I'm assuming it's because it was thimersol free. The drawback is that it has the live virus. Well, we're taking our chances. What boils my blood is that the pediatrician sent us an email blast saying they have 100 H1N1 shots but only for kids 4 and older. And we shouldn't ask them when they'll get more in, they'll let us know. What the heck am I supposed to do about Ronin and Audrey? Sure, blame the manufacturers for being late, but hell, they are walking time bombs if they catch this flu. Tomorrow I'll call another ped office that supposedly has a supply. I have three at-risk kids with immune systems that may not support even the regular flu, especially Ronin. Anyway, Kathy told me she held Nikko during the shot, he was mad but then got over it. They are supposed to play outside tomorrow at school, and I'll have to pack Nikko some extra clothes. Unfortunately, he won't wear his snow pants OR boots. I'll pack extra socks and shoes... I'll have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment