Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ding Dong / A potpourri of things

During our reading of Chicken Little last night, and for a few nights, Nikko has been enthusiastic when he hears the line, "He rang the town bell." "DING DONG!" Nikko would proclaim! And we discovered that whenever we say this line, anywhere, he will say Ding Dong to it.

When I took Nikko off the bus, a little girl in a seat said, "Bye Nikko!" I turned him toward her and he waved a backward bye. Then Mrs. Beyer the bus driver said, "Bye Nikko!" I turned him toward her, he put up a wave, and he said, "Bye." NEATO!

In Art he played with shaving cream and Mrs. I said that he really enjoyed that. Sure, I'll bet, all the way back from working with Shelley! And in speech, Mrs. Winters wrote:
Good job "hi" and "bye" to office staff! He said Ball several times today in speech. Also worked on face parts, 1 step directions.

I went to the school around 8:45a to fill out paperwork for Ronin's registration. It's going to be by lottery, so I really hope they pull his name for next year. The office manager told me I just missed Nikko making his rounds in the office saying hi. I was temped to peek my head in his classroom, but didn't want to disrupt things.

When he got off the bus, I noticed a small bruise on his right cheek. And when the twin's mom looked at Nikko for a split second she asked me what happened to Nikko's face. I didn't know but was going to contact the school later to find out. When I looked at him closer inside, the bruise was definitely there, his ear was a little redder than the other ear, and I thought the veins in his right temple were slightly greener, so instead of emailing I called the school classroom directly. Margie (who had neck surgery!) was there visiting, but asked Mrs. Napoleon what happened. She said Nikko fell in the classroom, cried a little and held his arm mostly, but then recovered. I wonder if he hit his head on the way down on something, ro the floor, but he is acting fine right now. Still, I took a picture of his face just in case. It's not horrible, but it wasn't there yesterday and he didn't bump his face this morning before class. Oh well, if his arm is fine, which it seems to be, then I'm ok with it. Glad I called the school directly.

Since this morning, Nikko seemed really stimmy to me. As I was dressing him for school, Nikko kept looking up sideways at the ceiling, or even the crease where ceiling meets wall, and was shaking his head quickly back and forth. I had to put my hands on either side of his face to keep it still and he just laughed and ignored me. Sitting here during lunch, Nikko continued to do this. He's also not being consistent with eating his chicken nuggets. He'll put a half one in his mouth, chew it up, then spit it out. I just cut them in fourths, and he seems to have eaten them. For now. It's really going to suck if he starts being averse to nuggets. I need another go-to food, and he's anti-green.

No comments:

Post a Comment